Friday 23 January 2015

Lil Wayne disses Birdman and cash money on "Sorry 4 the wait 2"

"Cash Money is an army, I'm a one man army / And if them niggas comin' for me, I'm goin' out like Tony."
Lil Wayne released his long awaited ‘Sorry 4 The Wait 2’ mixtape and towards the beginning of the project Wayne takes the time to not only confirm the beef between Birdman, but go as far as dissing Cash Money Records.

In the first track, Wayne addresses his issues with Cash Money and Birdman and even takes the responsibility for the ongoing success of the label.

“Tha Carter gon’ be late so I cooked up a tape,” he says in the intro, “The garden’s full of snakes so I had to escape.”
“Who kept this shit together? Nigga, me, that’s who,” he raps in the opening bars, “Who was there when niggas left? Nigga, me, that’s who / Cash Money is an army, I’m a one man army / And if them niggas comin’ for me, I’m goin’ out like Tony.”
“Now I don’t want no problems, I just want my money,” he adds in the verse before referencing his alienation from the label: “Birdman Jr., more like Ugly Duckling.” (HipHopDX)

Wayne also uses the second track titled, “Shit”, to address his issues with the label again.

“Did my time in Cash Money, time served and released,” he raps, “But this agent ain’t free, word, that’s the word on these streets / But that shit is old news, that shit is so yesterweek.” (HipHopDX)

No comments:

Post a Comment