Friday 23 January 2015

Freeway Rick Ross Gives Bobby Shmurda Some Jail Advice

Bobby Shmurda is facing some major time behind bars and Freeway Rick Ross has decided to give the young rapper some advice while being in jail. Freeway spoke with AllHipHop and recalled his own time spent being locked up and even gave Shmurda some book suggestions while he is in jail.
“What I did with prison is I turned my prison cell into a college,” he said. “An old guy told me in prison, ‘You can get your college degree two places: you can get it at Penn State or the state pen.’ With my situation I found out that I was gonna wind up getting mine from the state pen. So I turned my prison cell into a university. I read over 300 books. By the way, I was totally illiterate when I went to prison, had never read a book. I read over 300 books before I left, I don’t know how many magazines, newspapers. I read the L.A. Times everyday. I read the Wall Street Journal everyday. I read the USA everyday. Sometimes I’d read the New York Times. I educated myself and I think that’s what he should do. By the way, I’m gonna give you my three favorite books, same books I sent to Boosie, if I get your address I’m gon’ send’em to you: The Richest Man In Babylon, Think And Grow Rich, and As A Man Thinketh. You can’t go wrong with them three books. If you take them principles they gon’ make your jail cell a lot easier.”
Freeway also spoke on how he felt about ending his beef with rapper Rick Ross.
“I think he would be stronger with me than without me,” he added. “I don’t know if he knows it or not or if his handlers are not smart enough to realize that the country is divided. It’s probably getting more divided in my half. I’m out here in the streets, I’m going to the projects, I’m going to the slums. I’m going places that he can’t go or won’t go or for whatever reason…I believe I’m winning the streets over. Eventually it’s gonna be a position to where he’s almost boxing himself in.”

No comments:

Post a Comment